Tuesday, 31 January 2017

23

Twenty three is somehow my favourite number so I'm really hoping that this year will truly bring me good luck and be a great year. I saw this on FB today:


So before it turns to February, I'm just gonna doing a post to sum up my first one month of "trial". Somehow, 2017 didn't exactly start out great. I mean yea, I spent it with people I love so that was great. Like first time we actually countdown together HAHA So yea, that was nice. But somehow after that, school started and I got lost in just idk everything? I don't think I'm not used to school or what not. But I felt myself to be just floating around with no aim and purpose and it's pretty scary 'cause I'm a person who needs to have some motivation and aim in order to excel. When I float, I really float and my work sucks. And that's always when I will start to regret 'cause I know my potential is not there. I didn't do the best that I can.

Then turning 23. Honestly, I didn't feel much. As in prior to turning 23. Like everyone was saying it's damn old but to me, I really just felt like it was just one year older, that's all. Maybe it's because I spent my birthday alone last year and didn't feel anything strange. Maybe I got used to being alone during my time in exchange. I don't really know. But I guess for the past few months, or maybe every since I came back from exchange, I felt that my life was flat. Or rather, my character and personality or what not. I was very very lifeless and aimless and truly just floating around. And I guess it's really something that I still don't really like about myself? I prefer the YF who is driven and determined to do stuffs and really get shit done. I mean, yea, last sem I did get shit done and all but I guess December holiday killed it a bit and then January came and I felt lost. And January is always my favourite month but not this year which is really very sad.

But anyhow, so yes, birthday. It's really when you realise how freaking lucky you are to have friends who truly give a shit about you? I think sometimes I really doubt myself as a friend HAHA shit sounds really sad but yea, I guess sometimes you really forget that while others are great friends to you, you are to them also. I hope I'm not the only one who feels that. So yea, sometimes you really just forget that you actually mattered to others. That if you aren't around, it would be weird. Thank you guys for really making me feel loved. It may sound damn drama but yea, sometimes you really just forget the value of yourself. Which yes, it's very stupid of me ah.

I think that's the thing about me. I tend to forget the experiences I had or rather don't value them as much as I should have. I downplay my own strengths when in fact I should be showing them and say that hey, I'm actually capable of stuffs. Self doubt I guess. And thinking that my experiences don't matter. I guess even if it doesn't really matter, you need to first believe that they actually do so that you can "sell" yourself better. I think that's one thing that I lack. Selling myself. Actually, I don't know. I think I know how to. I'm just not doing it. LAZY. So yes YF please change this lazy habit of yours. Stop giving excuses and stop sleeping so much. Wake up. Read more. Do more.

You say 23 is your favourite number right? Please make this number proud. And that when you look back in your life, you will think that "Wow, 23 years old was a good year. 2017 was a good year." I think in life, we can never be short of more good years in our lives. The more the better so really, make every year count, every month count, every day count.


It's really okay to get lost once in a while but always remember to not resign to the lost and just continue on aimless. Fight back and come back stronger with a better version of yourself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment