Monday, 10 August 2015

for this is where I know it's home

[ When there are troubles to go through
We'll find a way to start anew
There is comfort in the knowledge
That home's about its people too
So we'll build our dreams together
Just like we've done before
Just like the river which brings us life
There'll always be Singapore ]

Home - Kit Chan

Still everyone's favourite 'cause the lyrics are really just great. And Kit Chan's voice is just omg.

So yes, HAPPY 50TH BIRTHDAY SINGAPORE!

Thank you for being the best place to come home to. I truly am proud to be a Singaporean and there is truly no place I'd rather be at. I will want to type more but I think it's honestly quite clear how much I love Singapore. Haha! As in really. Singaporean through and through here.

Right now, my mind is in a whirl 'cause I have quite a few deadline to catch up. That's for slacking over the weekends. =( Supposed to have ended my internship but I extended 'cause okay, I couldn't finish some stuffs. And also, I didn't mind staying 'cause yea, I really like my company. My boss and all the colleagues. They are all really very nice and friendly people. Just that I'm the only intern staying back so that's not as fun 'cause yea sia, the rest all gone already. But okay ah, I still have my boss and many others around!

Internship has been pretty fun. I'm learning a lot. And I guess, I really need to find sometime next week to really just reflect properly and think through stuffs. I realise, I really need to just stay at home for one whole day to just gather my thoughts and prepare for school. School. Freaking hell not ready to go back to school.

These 3 months had been pretty great. Though the resting part wasn't much but I guess from now on, life's gonna be like that. Unless you are unemployed or a housewife. If not, it's really just busy non-stop. That's why I'm truly amazed by women with children and career. Like how do you manage it? It's seriously amazing.

Been quite awhile since I've updated here so getting a bit rusty. Okay lar, not really. It's just really thoughts all over the place. The past few months had really been a whirl. Many things just came at me without any warning and heads up. But I guess that's what makes life interesting.

And oh yes! I'm going for exchange as well!! Next year form January to June/July. Hence, life is honestly gonna be one crazy hell of a ride from here on. I'm quite scared as to what to expect but I'm pretty excited as well. But yes, truly need to learn how to manage time properly. And be more freaking organised. That's one of the few things I learnt from internship. I really need to be more organised and work fast. Think fast and really just force myself to step out of my comfort zone.

And I'm truly thankful for the people I've met along the way. I swear my boss is really the best. Like I really enjoy my work because of her. Though yes, there are times I feel that I fall short from her expectations but I sincerely do hope that I've managed to meet her expectations somehow. And yes, since this is the last week, or rather kinda last week, I really want to find out why she decided to choose me for the internship amongst all the other candidates. I think it's really quite interesting to find out why. Though yea, you really just hope that you delivered and met the expectations.

Okay yes, now back to work. But wah really need to up my game like mad. Procastination is really killing me sometimes. But I honestly am freaking thankful that I work freaking well under pressure. Like I won't break down. Okay, at least there are people who will support me even if I do break down so yes, I'm really thankful and blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment