Sunday, 8 November 2009

Yap

Lol. I was randomly surfing some travel website and I found out that there is an island called Yap. LOL. When I saw it, I was like wow. So cool! =D It's a rather nice island. Quiet and peaceful. =)





Yap, also known as Wa'ab for locals, is an island in the Caroline Islands of the western Pacific Ocean. It is a state of the Federated States of Micronesia. Yap's indigenous cultures and traditions are still strong compared to other neighboring islands. The "island" of Yap actually consists of four continental islands. The four are very close together and joined within a common coral reef and entirely formed from an uplift of the Philippine Sea Plate. The land is mostly rolling hills densely covered with vegetation. Mangrove swamps line much of the shore. An outer barrier reef surrounds the islands, enclosing a lagoon between the fringing barrier reef.
Lol. I seem to be advertisting the island. =D But it's cool! Like and island called Yap. =D
Ohya!!!! Ok. That one post another post. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment