Letting go. It's hard. But sometimes, we really have no choice. And if we don't let go, we can never move forward and we will never find out what wonderful things that may come our way if we have move forward earlier. Things don't always go according to plan. Sometimes life is just well, a surprise. We can never know what to expect and if we always hold on to what we could not have, we'll never know what awaits us.
It's hard. I know it's hard. But sometimes we just have to learn how to let go because it's not for us to hold on. True, letting go makes you realise how many things you may be losing. But if you keep trying to hold on whatever remains of it, you will never be happy. Happiness becomes something out of reach. And you gain nothing from it. So why hold on when you know it's time to let go?
There are many things in my life thus far that I'm beginning to realise I should let go. Somethings are just not within my reach and why suffer so much when by letting go, things will be easier, and you may find things that are more worthy to hold on to.
Letting go of memories, of photos, of videos, of everything. That's hard. That's really hard. I'm still trying to learn how to. But I realise that yes everything happens for a reason. When you lost something you can't replace. Maybe God wants you to create new and even better and greater memories. And the thing is, you won't just forget the past memories even if the photos are lost. If the memories are worth the keep, you will remember it even without photos and all. Yes, photos means hell lot to me. It's me after all. But I can't do anything about it once it's gone. Technology, sometimes, fails us when we rely on it too much.
It sucks of course. But I know that there really is no point holding on. What matters most is that the people are still around. New photos can be created again. Though it may not be the same, but at least the people in the photos are still around. True, not all are around but what matters is that they are still in your heart. And they always will be. I guess the part about letting go isn't giving up, but finding happiness in the past, present and future? Letting go is allowing greater things to come in.
We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned so as to have the life that is waiting for you.- Joseph Campbell
Time to let go to let better ones come. It's not easy but it's worth the shot because only by letting go, you will be happier. Only by letting go, you can find greater happiness. I'm not saying to let go of everything in the past and not hold on. Letting go of what is not worth holding on to. Of course, hold on what's worth it. Hold on as tight as you can and know that somehow, you just won't lose it.
No comments:
Post a Comment