"Life can be so unexpected. That we can plan everything in our head, but yet at the crucial point, things may not go as planned and sometimes it's for the better. And that itself makes life worth the living."
Saw this sharing by my senior on Facebook and I felt that it's very related to everyone. Because we make plans but somehow at that crucial point, something will happen and things won't go according to plan. But that doesn't mean it's the end of the world.
I just watched the last episode of Modern Family season 5 and it was so good. It was Cam and Mitchell's Wedding and you know how weddings almost always never go according to plan? But that's the beauty of it. It's always such important moments that somehow never go according to plan. But because of all these unforeseen events and people have to improvise on the spot, it makes the event memorable and special. Something that everyone will remember for years to come. How sometimes, you don't need to have a complete detailed plan for everything. Sometimes, you just need to learn how to improvise and make the best of what you've got. And sometimes, you need to let people help you. Even if you may not want their help. Because they are the people who love you a lot and want the best for you. They will do anything for you to be happy.
Maybe that's why surprises usually always fail too. Haha! In a sense, that's what make that day still very special? How the thought is really all that matters. And how yes, things don't go according to plan but you make changes as you go along and ultimately, it will all usually turn out okay because the person receiving it will be crazy touched by your efforts, even though it may not have gone according to what you originally plan. I think that's all that truly matters. The thought of wanting to do something special for this person. Just because you want the person to be happy and care about the person.
And I think surprises are over-rated. Yes, surprises are kinda awesome 'cause yes, admit it, everyone kinda likes to be surprised. Ok maybe not everyone but I know I like it. Haha! It's this feeling of how you really never expected anyone to do anything and then suddenly they are just there? And how I don't know, you just feel slightly dazed at how crazy lucky you are to have people in your life who bother to do such stuffs just for you? That's why whenever people suddenly pop up in front of me (HAHA!), I won't really cry and be overwhelming happy but I would smile a lot and laugh a lot and looked very dazed and confused. Like stone ah. LOL! But really what, it's how surprises work!
But anyway, even though it's really a nice feeling to be surprised, it's not a must. I think what really matters is the thought. And just being there with the person to celebrate whatever things that they are celebrating and I don't know, the thought of it. The company. I think ultimately, it's really the company. Just being there with them, being there for them.
I don't know about you but I think unforeseen events that happen add a lot more colour to our lives. Sometimes, it may hurt and let us feel pain of sorts but it kinda defines our lives and the changes may not always be a bad thing. Plans change, but that doesn't mean it's the end of the world.
And I miss photography. I know I have been saying this for the longest time but I really do. I miss just taking that damned camera out to just shoot. And I don't know. Just take photos. Those spontaneous, unplanned shot. I realised most photographers plan their shots before they take them. But it was never the case for me. I mean I tried planning? But I realise I rather prefer not to plan them. Because I still think that unplanned shots are still the best. Usually, my best photos are the ones that I just snap and go. Those spontaneous kind. Yes, some people may say that snap and go isn't called photography but I still think it is? It's like you just happen to be there at the right time and at the right moment and off goes the shutter. It's kinda exciting in a way? When it wasn't planned to be taken but you happened to snap that moment and it's just the best kind of photo 'cause it's really about the moment.
Yes, moments. Photography is about the moments. I guess somewhere along, I forgot that photography is about capturing the moments. It cannot be planned. You just have to be there at the moment and capture it. If you miss it, too bad. But there are many other chances. And I don't know but sometimes when you miss a moment, it doesn't mean it's the end. You find other moments. Other moments that will matter too. But if you are hung up about the moment that you miss, you may miss out on other moments that may be even better and more impactful than the one you missed.
I guess this speak about life too. Sometimes, we get hung up about the things that could have been, the things that used to be and the things that almost happened but you missed it. And we forget that we still have many more things worth hanging on to in life. That we still have many more experiences in front of us that we have yet to go through. Yes, the past was good. But you shouldn't keep harbouring on it. What's good is that at least it happened. But you shouldn't stay in the past. You bring it together with you. The memory of it.
The past, it's easy because you've been through it and know what's it like. It's safer and easier to handle. But if you keep hanging on to the past, you will miss out in the present. And you may end up missing even more important things in the present. Until one day they too become a past and it's all too late to regret not enjoying it while it was still present.
I know this thing about me is that I hang on to the past quite a lot. I know that sometimes, you really have to learn to let go. And things that are worth the keeps will stay with you. And that I don't need to be so scared that I will lose the past. Because you will remember the important people and memories in the past if they are worth remembering. Those that you forget, well probably it wasn't as memorable as you once thought it was. And I guess, just remember to have faith in people. Remembering that it is not just them who are important in your life. That you are also important in their lives too. Yea, sometimes, you really forget that such things work both ways. Lol! As stupid and silly as it may sound. Sometimes, you really forget that you are important in other people's life too. That you matter. Yes, I think I sound like some sad kid now but I do know that I matter to people. Just that sometimes you just overlook it. I guess it's just the times when you feel like you are the only one who cares about stuffs. But then again, the thing about this life is that it gets busy. We grow up. Things happen. Life gets busy. People change.
Sometimes, it's not that they don't care but they really don't have the time to care. I know, you make time for people you care about but people need to live their life too. And time is some thing we really have no control over.
No idea how I ended up talking about this. I guess I just really miss my big groups of people. Even though small groups are nice and cosy and you get to actually talk to each other more, I still like having big groups from time to time. Just seeing everyone and doing something together and just enjoying each others company in that big group and roaming around places because no one can decide where to go and what to do. Yea, I have strong attachment issues.
And also I'm lazy. Sigh. Used to be more motivated to plan stuffs and bothering to ask when everyone is free. But I guess when no one can give a definite time and date, it makes it very hard to organise stuffs and yea, just makes you kinda sian. And the thing is that you know it's not their fault that they can't give a definite date. It's because life happens. This freaking unpredictable life. And time. And growing up. That's why sometimes I really hate growing up. Because it really means less time. Sigh, it's just all really quite sad.
I need to find something. Something for me to do and some project to keep me occupied and not think so much. I think I'm really better off when I'm busier because this stupid mind tends to wonder all sorts of nonsense when it's too free. But the thing is that I'm not entirely free. I'm just not doing stuffs that I should be doing. This stupid unmotivated woman. I am damn bloody hard to please. I can't even please myself what even. Ok, I think I really just need to sleep now. And just wake up and find motivation again. And I don't know. I think I really feel that I'm losing myself sometimes. Aimless. It's the worst kind of feeling to feel but I guess everyone faces it. It's just a matter of how you deal with it. I know I'll figure it all out soon. Just don't rush it and take time. The best things in life take time to happen. Be patient.
No comments:
Post a Comment