[ In the confusion and the aftermath
You are my signal fire
The only resolution and the only joy
Is the faint spark of forgiveness in your eyesThere you are standing right in front of me
There you are standing right in front of me
All this fear falls away to leave me naked
Hold me close 'cause I need you to guide me to safety ]Signal Fire - Snow Patrol
There is something about holding hands that warms my heart. Whenever I see my grandparents holding hands, my grandmother guiding my grandfather or vice versa, it just makes me smile and makes me believe that love is still very much around.
Holding hands. It's such a simple and small gesture but it's really an important one somehow. There is just this strong sense of security in it when someone holds your hands, assuring you that everything will be okay. And I'm not talking about those playing games hold hands or when people drag you to some place. Those won't make your heart race and feel all excited. It's the kind of holding hands where the person is assuring you. And to tell everyone that you are theirs. That only they can hold your hands like that. The interlocking kind. Or I don't know. Just pure holding hands. Just because you want to.
And actually, when your parents hold your hands, it feels really nice. I guess actually it's the security that you get when someone holds your hand. Either you are giving the person security, or you are the one receiving the security. Or maybe even both. Both of you giving each other support and security. That's why people hold hands when they are nervous. It's that sense of security, knowing that there is someone there with you and that you are not alone.
Assuring each other that they will be there for each other no matter what. That they will hold on to them if they fall. That's the kind of holding hands I see in my grandparents. The kind I see in my parents too when they do hold hands. And how I will just smile to myself like some childish kid but hey, I am their kid after all so it's all cool.
So yes, someday, someone will be able to give me that assuring feeling when he hold my hand. And that both of you just won't want to let go. And I don't know, how it will all just feel right. Now that I'm typing this out, it sounds like such a strange and foreign thing to experience but yea, I guess it's something I do want to feel someday. But I'm in no hurry because such things take time and I guess it will all be worth the wait? The signal fire in your life.
No comments:
Post a Comment