Sunday, 29 December 2013

growing up


I realise growing up doesn't mean you have to stop having fun. You can still do silly things and really random stuffs. But you think differently and I guess you'll be more mature. And that's growing up I guess. To understand more about life as it is. And not just the shallow part of life. You can still act all childish and have fun. Growing up doesn't mean you stop having fun. It's just you having a different mindset.

Maturity in thoughts but heart still young. It's okay to play once in awhile. It's okay to act all foolish. But you need to learn how to prioritise and make right decisions. I guess that's what growing up means? I'm still not sure exactly but if that's what growing up means then I think I'm alright with that. Haha!

You know, I guess it really depends on how you see things. How you define and view them. And everyone's way of perceiving something is different. But as long as you know what how you yourself view them, and you live by it, that's really enough.

Growing up means having to take up more responsibilities with your own life. Having the ability to control your own life and make the most out of it. You can still have fun, you can still play. As long as that's what you really want to do. Sing if you want. Dance if you want. Do whatever that you want. But know what you are doing and yea, that's probably what growing up means. Being responsible for yourself. Because your parents can't always be around to tell you what is right and what is wrong. You make that decision yourself. Of course, you still have to consult them and stuffs, but ultimately, the decision-making lies with you.

I'm quite thankful that that's my parents' mentality since young. They let us choose what path we want to do. They will advise and help us. But ultimately, they will say that the decision lies with you. And they will support whatever decision you make all the way. And it's often always true. I realise I have really supportive parents. So crazy thankful for. And yea, I realise I really do have an easy childhood in a sense that my parents really never force anything on me. They let me decided and choose for myself. And yep, I think they do make good parents. Annoying and naggy at times, but if parents aren't naggy and annoying, they aren't parents. Haha!

Wow, I really have strange good inspirations in the morning. Haha! Probably should wake up earlier more often. It's kinda good.

No comments:

Post a Comment