So yes, I just feel like typing one entry about elections since it has come to an end. And yes, this election is really one that is worth remembering.
Come back from AC's Guitar Concert and they were releasing the voting results. That guy that comes out to say all the results became an overnight sensation on Facebook. Damn funny how this one person went to make a video of his speech all. LOL.
Anyway, so yes, I watched most of it. Nearly fell asleep at sometime 'cause seriously, it's long and slow to wait and wah, thay guy really got a poker face and speaks really slowly so yep. Then my sis told me to wake up 'cause I'll want to watch when they announce about Aljunied.
So yep, I was awake when he announced about Aljunied. And I was really disappointed with it. We just lost our Foreign Affairs Minister and our first woman minster of cabinet. I think that they are really good ministers that really contributed a lot to Singapore for these past years. It's really sad how they are just out of Parliament now.
George Yeo was our Foreign Affairs Minister and he really was a good one. If not for him, I doubt Singapore will have such good relations with the countries overseas. My sister was saying how because for him, our passport can bring us to all countries. It's so true. He really contributed so much to Singapore and many other countries leaders like him a lot too. They worked well with him but now he's no longer a minister and not even in the Parliament. It's just sad. We really lost someone that is so capable. I really can't help feeling quite disappointed with the results.
But yes, I hope that the Worker's Party will do a good job at Aljunied. And I really hope they will all work well together and make Singapore a great place to live in. I'm a pro-PAP and I'll admit it. But I agree too that the whole Parliament shouldn't be full dominance of PAP and there should be at least a few members from other parties but the majority should still be PAP because really, I think that PAP have been doing a really good job with Singapore. It isn't perfect but seriously, which government can be absolutely perfect? It's not possible. And sometimes, I think that we, as Singaporeans, complain a little too much. Sometimes, we should understand that not everything can be so ideal and perfect. It won't work in the long run. Being idealistic is good but it isn't realistic.
I hope that yep, after this elections, Singapore will still continue to be a great place to live in and improve too. It's my home after all. =) But yes, there is something that I am really quite annoyed about. Those 10,000plus people in Bukit Panjang that voted for the other guy and not Teo Ho Pin, I can't help asking, "What were you thinking?" Teo Ho Pin has been such a good MP for Bukit Panjang and he's really always there participating in all the activities, like seriously man. He even came for this small scale lunch thing where my grandparents were part of the organising committee as a GOH. Granted, my grandma has a close relations with him but still. He'll actually bother this kind of stuffs. I don't know but I really find him good. Maybe I'm biased but I think he really did a lot for Bukit Panjang already. So seriously, what were they thinking when they voted for this other guy which I NEVER SEE BEFORE instead of Teo Ho Pin? Seriously man.
Alright, I think yep, I'm done. Haha! But yes, I really hope the government will be nice and good and govern Singapore well because I really like how things are now so yep! Hope there will be a good person to take over George Yeo for Foreign Affairs Minister!
No comments:
Post a Comment