Tuesday, 31 May 2011

Photog Soc Exco 2010-2011 and 2011-2012! =)

Photog Soc Exco Com 2010-2011 and 2011-2012! =D

This photo is super epic. Half the pple are smiling nicely and half are serious. Haha! It's damn comic. =D

With our things! Haha! The awesome fake cashcard. =D


This photo is super candid! All the pple standing faces are damn funny. =D


Haha! Us with the puppets! Super cute lar the puppets! =D

So yep! These are the photos from the camp! =D OK so yep, time for my long post about the camp. =D

I learned a whole bunch of things during this camp. Be it photography, leadership, myself. A lot of things. And I found pple that I really truly respect. Seniors that I really have deep respect for.

All 7 of the 2010-2011 Exco batch are really awesome. They are so dedicated in this CCA which no regular club Exco com will be. They really put in a lot of effort in planning this exco camp for us, sacrificing their weekends just so that we'll get to learn a lot of things from them and be able to take over from them better. They didn't have such great seniors like them to teach them everything and had to start from scratch, lost and quite confused. But they managed Photog Soc so well and brought it to such great heights. The school really recognise Photog Soc and it's really because of their efforts. Without their dedication, perserverance and tenacity, Photog Soc will not be as it is now. They are really true inspiration and leaders that I really look up too. Their passion for photography and the CCA is amazing. I'm going to miss them super lot though I only knew them better during the 2 days of camp. They are super funny and crazy seniors that are super close to each other. Their bond is so strong that it kinda surprised me but it really felt nice seeing how comfortable and close they were to each other.

And we the 2011-2012 batch, are really awesome too. Haha! We are made up of different personalities but I know we will be able to complement each other and manage the CCA well. And also enjoy it at the same time. We didn't know each other well when we first know that we were in exco. Some of us don't even know each other or seen each other before. But as the days past and after the camp, I'm pretty sure we know each other more and are closer to each other. And I really can't wait for our journey together for the next few months until we finally step down and hand this responsibility to someone else. I'm really excited for it and I'm quite sure we'll have a blast. We were so awesome to actually continue developing our film in that hot stuffy darkroom as the air-con wasn't switched on that day. =D I hope we'll continue from where our seniors left off and bring photog soc to even greater heights! =)

I am really glad that I decided to sign up for exco and I'm glad that I made it into exco as well. I still wonder how I actually got through 'cause I really thought I screwed up my interview but yes, I'm really glad that I made it through. And I'll do my best as a member of the exco com! =)

And yes, my passion for photography is burning bright. Haha! Sounds funny but yep, the camp really inspired me to be a great leader and to be a good photographer. I really want to improve on my skills. So yep! I'll make good use of this June break as much as I can! =)

"To take a photograph is to hold one's breath, when all faculties converge to capture fleeting reality. It's at that precise moment that mastering an image becomes a great physical and intellectual joy.

To take photographs means to recognize - simultaneously and within a fraction of a second - both the fact itself and the rigorous organization of visually perceived forms that give it meaning.

It is putting one's head, one's eye and one's heart on the same axis."

- Henri Cartier-Bresson
[Shared by Aric]

No comments:

Post a Comment