Lol. This was a desperate photo for the theme. 'cause it doesn't really suit the theme actually but I still kinda like this photo. =D It has that magical feel and I took it without editing it 'cause yea, I can't edit it anyway even if I wanted. Ask me personally if you want to know how. =D
Ok this photo was desperate too. LOL. It's really hard to think of what photos to take given a theme in just 3 hours. Not easy at all man.
The first theme was EAT. Haha! I'm not going to put up that photo 'cause erm.. It's really lame. LOL.
So Canon Photomarathon! It was on 10th September! Last Saturday of Sept holidays so yep, the whole day was burnt since we had to reach Suntec at 8am. Awesome rite? LOL. Went there with Swap! She only stayed until 11plus. Haha!
We were given a theme to take photos of. After 3hours, we must go back to Suntec to submit our photos. A new theme will be given and after 3 hours we have to go back again. Repeated again and yep! So it's 3 themes in total! It ended at around 7plus. We remember one thing: MUST BRING JACKET THE NEXT TIME WE GO THERE. It was bloody hell freezing cold and we were dying. I went around shooting with Swap, Nadia, Xinxing, Wenjie and Vanessa! But in the end it was just Nadia and Xinxing since Swap went for tuition and Wenjie and Vanessa went off on their own.
So yep! For the 1st theme, we walked from Suntec to somewhere near Bugis, then Bugis and we took train back to Suntec. =D We bought food along the way so it wasn't that bad. Haha! For the 2nd theme, we walked to Clark Quay that area and took a bus to Chinatown and shot at Chinatown. Chinatown is actually quite a nice place to take photos. There is a lot of stuffs to take photos of. LOL. Ok, it's a tourist site for a reason. For the 3rd theme, we lost the stamina. Haha! It's really tiring like mad. Walking around taking photos continuously. And you can't just shoot random stuffs. If you can shoot random stuffs, it will be easy man.
And yes!! I realise I really still love to shoot people the most. And kids especially. We saw this kid outside Esplande with a balloon. =D And there was one photo where he made an action of giving me the balloon!!!! FREAKING CUTE CAN? Haha! I shall post it someday. LOL. I think I actually have a collection of random kids already. Ok, I sound like a pedophile. But yes, they are really cute and the best people to photograph. I really pity my future kids. Haha! Bet they will hate camera for the rest of their lives. =D Or maybe they will be like me. LOL!
Taking photos of people is really nicer 'cause there is emotions in the photo. It makes the photos have life and makes them more interesting and not as boring. And the emotions there are just nice. Especially when it's natural and real. Not forced or fake. Just simple natural emotions. Might be pose but you can tell whether they are genuinely happy as they pose for it? That's the really nice thing about photography! =D
The photomarathon was really a good experience. I wouldn't mind going again next year, just that maybe I'll just go for the shirt, the free a4 print and free dslr cleaning. Haha! But ok, you still have to pay $10 for it but I think it's worth it. =D Quite sad that I didn't know about the free a4 print!! There are so many photos I want to print lar! Damn sad. If I knew about that a4 print, I would have made this collarge thing so that I can either paste it at my study table or put it in my file! Next year!! Haha!
Glad that I went for this photomarathon! Truly a great experience. You see a lot of things and people. And it sort of forces us to work within the given time frame to shoot. It's different I guess. But ok, I prefer shooting at my own time. More relax and free. And less tiring. And yes, next time, I'll bring a backpack. It's super tiring to carry a sling bag. Aiya, I just need someone to help me take everything while I just take my camera~ HAHA!
And I think if I really want to brush up my photography skills, I really need to go out and take photos more. Like just keep practicing. My photos really aren't good. As compared to the other pros. But yep! Hope they will get better. And ok, my real aim is to have that moment captured. That candid moment. I really like natural shots. That's why I kinda like to take photos of pple when they are caught off-guard. Just that erm.. Most of the time, they kinda look unglam instead of natural looking. Heh. Okok, I kinda try my best to stop it 'cause to be true, with DSLR, it's damn hard to do that. Quite sad but I still love my DSLR~
Alright! I shall continue tmr. Haha! Going to meet up with awesome pple tmr~ Miss those people. And I'm going to laugh mad tmr. But also cry 'cause it's way too funny yet ridiculous already. Luckily, I am mentally prepared. =D
No comments:
Post a Comment